The Leo and Vivian Broks Dance Scholarship for the Performing Arts is sponsored by the FPCAF.
This scholarship seeks to recognize and assist deserving Strathcona County amateur* dance students, who are likely to become professional performing artists.
- The FPCAF sponsors this scholarship.
- The scholarship will be available to solo candidates.
- The scholarship value is $1,000.00.
- The FPCAF scholarship sub-committee will select the candidates, based on their application.
- The winner will be selected by a panel from the Executive of the Alberta Dance Education Association
- The panel’s decision is final.
- Entrant, or parent, primary address must be in the County of Strathcona.
- Must be between the ages of 15 – 21, as of December 31, 2020.
- Repertoire selections must meet requirements outlined in the Alberta Dance Education Association Guidelines.
- Previous winners of this scholarship are ineligible.
*amateur – A person whose principal means of livelihood is not obtained from the performance of music in the particular discipline in which he or she is competing. This stipulation does not, however, preclude such a person having occasionally received remuneration for dance presentations, even in the area in which he or she is competing.
APPLICATION: PART 1: APPLICATION TO THE FPCAF
1. Provide a 500-word essay detailing the discipline area the student is in, what awards he/she has previously won (if any), what the funds will be used for, why he/she is interested in the arts, what his/her career aspirations are etc.
2. Provide ONE letter of recommendation (maximum one page), from the respective discipline teacher. The recommendation should include the length of time that the teacher has known the student; notes about his/her character, commitment to cultural arts, or other relevant information as to why this student should receive this scholarship.
3. The completed attached application form must be scanned and e-mailed to email@example.com
Completed application must be received on or before
12:00 noon on Tuesday, September 1, 2020.
NO LATE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED
Successful Candidates will be notified by phone or e-mail, by the FPCAF.
UPON NOTIFICATION OF ACCEPTANCE, CANDIDATES WILL PROCEED
TO PART 2 OF THE APPLICATION PROCESS